Accounting Assistant Pay: $20.00/hour
Location: Chouteau, OK
Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Assistant to join an Oklahoma State agency. As an Accounting Assistant, you will be responsible for processing invoices for payment, entering electronic payments into the baking system, preparing monthly reports, analyzing reports for errors, and working with internal customers/vendors to answer questions and solve problems.
Accounting Assistant Job Duties:
- The Accountant Assistant will be processing invoices for payment
- Entering electronic payments into the baking system
- Preparing monthly reports
- Analyzing reports for errors
- Working with internal customers/vendors to answer questions and solve problems.
Accounting Assistant Qualifications:
- Minimum of associate's degree in accounting or 3 years of accounts payable experience
- Proficient in MS Office, with an emphasis in Excel (pivot tables and formulas)
- Demonstrated analytical skills, critical thinking, risk detection, and big-picture mindset; combined with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the Authority
- Attention to detail
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 or similar ERP platform preferred
- Experience with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Title 18 Chart of Accounts preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal abilities with outstanding customer service techniques allowing for development of strong business relationships
Galt Foundation's mission is to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities to individuals that have disabilities or conditions and give priority to those applicants.
Why Choose Employment Through Galt?
- Disability advocacy and support
- Weekly pay and direct deposit
- Employer-paid health insurance available (typically after 60 days once requirements are met)
- Get your foot in the door with state agencies
Galt Foundation is a non-profit staffing agency. Our mission is to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities to individuals that have disabilities or health-related conditions, including medical, physical, and psychological disabilities or conditions. We give priority in hiring to these individuals.
Galt Foundation's Application Process:
As an employer of people with disabilities, we understand that assistance or accommodations may be required throughout your job application process. We use online forms and electronic signatures throughout our online application and onboarding process. However, if you need to complete intake paperwork in-person at a Galt Foundation office, you may indicate that by checking the “Accommodation Requested” box in the job application. If you do not require in-person intake assistance, you will receive an email with next steps after you complete this online job application.
Note: All job applications take up to five (5) business days to process. This ensures we create equal opportunity for those that require in-person assistance or accommodations.