Location: Danville, PA
*Up to $2500 RETENTION BONUS CAN BE EARNED IN YOUR FIRST YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT*
Galt Foundation's mission is to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities to individuals that have disabilities or conditions and give priority to those applicants.
Why Choose Employment Through Galt?
- Disability advocacy and support
- Weekly pay and direct deposit
- Employer-paid health insurance available (typically after 60 days once requirements are met
- Employee Assistance Program resources including wellness, professional career development, financial organization, pet care, etc.
- Retirement plan options
Custodian Job Overview:
Interested in enhancing and maintaining appropriate healthcare environment standards? Be a member of a healthcare cleaning team in your community. If you are dedicated to high service standards and are committed to providing the best customer experience interactions, apply now!
Full time, three different shifts available.
Monday – Friday, with alternating weekends & holidays.
1) 7am to 3:30pm
2) 3:00pm to 11:30pm
3) 11:00pm to 7:30am
- Cleans and disinfects patient and non-patient facing areas, and departments.
- Handles various waste streams to include but not limited to; municipal waste and recyclable waste.
- Wears standard personal protective equipment as required.
- Follows procedures for the proper use of hospital approved products utilized in the cleaning and disinfection processes.
- Reports identified facility repairs as directed or observed, according to current established policy or procedure.
- Utilizes mobile technology to ensure compliance with bed management procedures and other environmental services functions that are performed daily.
- Performs high dusting, walls, ceilings, tracks, vents and lights.
- Collects soiled linen and transports to hospital staging area for vendor pickup as applicable.
- Will be in patient rooms to clean.
- Pushing carts 100 plus pounds.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Walking entire shift
- Standing entire shift.
- Tobacco free workplace. No tobacco use on or in site of premises.
Galt Foundation's Application Process:
As an employer of people with disabilities, we understand that assistance or accommodations may be required throughout your job application process. We use online forms and electronic signatures throughout our online application and onboarding process. However, if you need to complete intake paperwork in-person at a Galt Foundation office, you may indicate that by checking the “Accommodation Requested” box in the job application. If you do not require in-person intake assistance, you will receive an email with next steps after you complete this online job application.
Note: All job applications take up to five (5) business days to process. This ensures we create equal opportunity for those that require in-person assistance or accommodations.