Job Title: Policy & Legislative Intern
Location: Oklahoma City, 73195
Schedule: Monday – Part-time up to 20 hours per week
Are you looking for an internship? Is coordinating and analyzing policy and legislative related information the type of work you have been looking for? This may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Currently obtaining or have received a bachelor’s degree
- Attention to detail and excellent writing and communication skills
- Robust work ethic and effective time management and organizational skills
- Preference may be given to applicants with education and/or experience in policy research, political science, public relations or similar fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills, can work independently and collaboratively with team members
Responsibilities and Duties
- Actively supports the commitment to preventing cancer and cardiovascular disease in Oklahomans and creating healthier places for all Oklahomans to live, work, learn, and play.
- Researches and informs efforts to increase awareness of state and local policies that support strategic goals to prevent and reduce tobacco use and obesity to prevent the leading causes of preventable death in Oklahoma.
- Monitors and tracks legislation affecting the agency or its programs and helps the agency liaisons with the state legislature on issues of relevance.
- Updates state legislative tracking lists, monitors floor activities and committee hearings, maintains legislative meeting notes, schedules legislative meetings, assists with follow up to legislators after meetings, assists with presentations about legislative updates, drafts letters about grant awards to legislators.
- Helps to respond to correspondence or agency-related inquiries from government officials.
- Assists with policy research and talking points.
- Compiles and shares research and other data related to local, regional, and statewide efforts to support behavior change through evidence-based, best practice policy.
Why Work for Galt Foundation
Galt Foundation is a non-profit staffing agency with the mission to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. We give priority in hiring individuals with disabilities including medical, physical, and psychological conditions.
Galt has and will continue to create a better workplace – one in which employers have access to skilled and motivated workers, and people of all abilities can find meaningful, sustaining work.
A devoted and friendly team that is there to help you every step of the way in advancing your career.
Job Application Process
Galt Foundation utilizes online forms and electronic signatures throughout the hiring process. As an employer of people with disabilities, we understand assistance or accommodation may be required. Should you need to complete an application in-person at a Galt Foundation office, please email email@example.com. In-person assistance is available in Salem, Oregon and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Note: Please allow five (5) business days to process your application.