Public Relations Intern
Schedule: Full-Time/Part-Time, Days, Hours Part-time Up to 30hrs per week
Pay: $13hr to learn
The purpose of this position is to teach interns about the field of communications and public relations in the government sector and help acclimate them to the profession's demands. Each intern will receive hands-on, real-world experience as they team up with TSET staff on projects such as public relations and media campaigns, project planning, research and fact gathering, website design, and other activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write press releases regarding the organization's activities and events
- Enhance media tracking, planning, and evaluation activities
- Coordinate and implement marketing projects to increase organizational awareness
- Cultivate data and help develop presentations for organization executives
- Assist with social media plans and strategies
- Assist in writing and editing periodic communications to grantees
- Help with the coordination and implementation of special projects
- Provide content for TSET’s six websites
- Write copy and/or create graphics for agency collateral materials including brochures, flyers, and programs
- Major in public relations, journalism, advertising, marketing or communications
- Strong writing and editing skills, and a good understanding of the principles of design
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to complete multiple assignments on deadline
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment and software a plus
- Friendly, outgoing, helpful personality
- Ability to speak up with ideas, work collaboratively on a team and accept constructive criticism
Why Work for Galt Foundation
Galt Foundation's mission is to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Galt has and will continue to create a better workplace – one in which employers have access to skilled and motivated workers, and people of all abilities can find meaningful, sustaining work.
A devoted and friendly team that is there to help you every step of the way in advancing your career.
The Job Application Process
As an employer of people with disabilities, we understand assistance or accommodation may be required throughout your job application process. While we utilize online forms and electronic signatures throughout our online application and onboarding process, should you need to complete intake paperwork in-person at a Galt Foundation office, you may indicate so by checking the “Accommodation Requested” box in the job application. If you do not require in-person intake assistance, you will receive an email with the next steps after completing this online job application.
Note: Please allow five (5) business days to process your application.
Galt Foundation is a non-profit staffing agency. Our mission is to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities to individuals that have disabilities or conditions. We give priority in hiring to individuals with conditions and disabilities including medical, physical and psychological conditions.