Location: Portland, OR
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Do you enjoy working with and supporting individuals from diverse backgrounds? Do you enjoy connecting with partner agencies to help provide support for program participants? Do you enjoy coaching and training program participants to improve their skills and address and overcome barriers? If you answered “Yes!” to these questions, this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Experience working with individuals with acute mental health needs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on evolving situational needs
- Attention to detail
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and maintain a welcoming, safe, and supportive environment for program participants, many of whom are experiencing acute mental health symptoms
- Work with participants individually and in groups on problem solving activities and activities to engage and support participants
- Communicate with participant case management partners
- Monitor the environment to help maintain a safe and supportive environment.
- Work with staff to intervene in situations to redirect or de-escalate participants
- Maintain thorough and timely documentation of incidents, situations, and services provided in keeping with program guidelines
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with program participants
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why Work for Galt Foundation
Galt Foundation is a non-profit staffing agency with the mission to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. We give priority in hiring individuals with disabilities including medical, physical, and psychological conditions.
Galt has and will continue to create a better workplace – one in which employers have access to skilled and motivated workers, and people of all abilities can find meaningful, sustaining work.
A devoted and friendly team that is there to help you every step of the way in advancing your career.
Job Application Process
Galt Foundation utilizes online forms and electronic signatures throughout the hiring process. As an employer of people with disabilities, we understand assistance or accommodation may be required. Should you need to complete an application in-person at a Galt Foundation office, please email email@example.com. In-person assistance is available in Salem, Oregon and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Note: Please allow five (5) business days to process your application.